Unpaid Internship/Volunteer Position for High School or University Students
Available: Mid to Late May
Interns are an important part of giving MeySen Academy students more exposure to the English language. The role of the intern can be anywhere from playing and speaking with the children to helping with our program or classroom activity preparation.
- Be involved in speaking English to the children both in the classroom and on the playground
- Assist the classroom teachers in class preparations, playtime, programs, Etc.
- Assist and participate in activities to improve the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of children
- Prepare indoor and outdoor areas for learning or recreational activities
- Assist in supporting children with intellectual, physical and behavioral difficulties with their academic studies
- Assist children individually to learn social skills
- Assist with the preparation of teaching aids, copying and collating written or printed material
Typical Weekly Schedule:
Monday ~ Friday
8:15 - 1:15 Immersion Program Assistant
3:45 - 6:30 Friends Club Assistant
8:30 - 11:30AM Friends Club Assistant
1:00 - 6:00PM (Special programs are scheduled during this time.)
Day off (Unless there is a program scheduled. If that occurs, a day-off will be scheduled in exchange.)
<dt> Working Conditions:
- Native English speaker
- High school student (age 16 and up) or University student
- Mature, driven and able to self direct
- Experience working with children
</dt><dt>Classroom Presentation? Questions?
- The intern is responsible for round trip airfare, travel insurance and spending money.
- The school provides ground transportation between the Japan airport of arrival and the MeySen induction and departure locations on the days of their choosing.
- The school provides a shared, furnished apartment (within a fifteen minute walk to the school) and meals.
</dt><dt>Interested in a classroom presentation? Or do you have further questions regarding this opportunity? </dt><dt>Contact: Melissa Blakeslee, MeySen Recruiter