Title: Special Education Program Supervisor
Effective Date: 08/01/2012
Location: Educational Services Center
Reports To: Director of Special Education
1. Communicate regularly with parents and others in the community to develop and maintain a positive school-community relationship.
2. Plan, implement, and evaluate instructional and curricular programs to ensure quality education.
3. Communicate with district administrators and staff to ensure that students with special needs receive an appropriate, rigorous education.
4. Ensure compliance with federal and state mandates to provide a full continuum of services for special education students.
5. Develop and administer the building and/or program budget to ensure compliance with established fiscal parameters.
6. Plan and implement a program of both formal and informal staff evaluation to assist staff in reaching their professional potential and to increase the quality of instruction.
7. Ensure a safe, healthy and appropriate learning environment for the children and staff.
8. Participate in and conduct multi-disciplinary staff meetings to ensure that each student is provided an individualized program which best meets his/her identified needs.
9. Provide materials, instructional assistance, and in-service activities to assist teachers in strengthening instruction and assessment practices.
10. Other duties as assigned by the Director of Special Education.
KNOWLEDGE AND CRITICAL SKILLS:
- Appropriate Illinois Administrative Certification (Type #75 Administrative Certificate with general administrative endorsement).
- Illinois approval/endorsement to serve as a teacher and/or supervisor of Special Education (LB
- Illinois Certification to serve as a teacher in the area of Special Education and a minimum of 3 years teaching experience in the field of special education.
- Knowledge about theories of learning, reading, curriculum, and psychological as well as educational testing.
5. Effective communicator, well-organized, able to assess teachers' needs and provide for those needs.
- 3-years teaching experience in the field of special education
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
10 Month – 218 day work year
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
Comprehensive benefit package
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on evaluation of personnel.