Position: Dance Teacher
(assignment .40 FTE)
Start Date: September 4, 2012
Salary Range: $33,632.00 – $67,607.00 (subject to BCEA contract negotiations and prorated for assignment)
- Valid Michigan teacher certification with endorsement in Dance (MH) or Health Physical Education & Recreation (MX) K-12 or 7-12 is required.
- Experience in Ballet, Tap, Jazz and/or Modern Dance is required.
- Working knowledge of Choice Theory/ Responsibility Training (CT/RT) as developed by William Glasser, also known as My Choice – My Responsibility is preferred.
· Providing Dance Instruction for Middle School students, with varying dance ability.
· Delivering the dance curriculum by state standards and benchmarks.
· Working with the Coordinator of Fine Arts to align the Dance courses with the curriculum.
· Develop/disseminate materials to promote dance instruction.
· Maintain the dance studio in a professional manner.
· Work with organizations within the community to promote and foster the dance studio.
· Recruit students to the dance studio.
· Coordinate with the theater department in cabarets, musicals, etc.
· Help prepare students for performance.
SCHOOL SAFETY CLEARANCE: The successful candidate will be subject to a fingerprint and background check as a condition of employment. All fees required for this check (estimated $64.00) will be the responsibility of the successful applicant.
The Battle Creek Public School District is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, handicap, sex, age, religion, national origin, weight, height, or marital status in its employment practices.