Self-contained Special Education classroom focusing on serving Autistic children grades 1-5.
CURRENT FISD EMPLOYEES MUST SUBMIT A TRANSFER REQUEST FORM AND SEND TO PHYLLIS AT CENTRAL OFFICE AND THEN EITHER FILL OUT ONLINE APPLICATION FORM OR SEND RESUME' TO firstname.lastname@example.org
MUST BE FULLY CERTIFIED WITH TEXAS STATE CERTIFICATION IN SPECIAL EDUCATION
Experience working with severe and autism children preferred
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintain continuous, informal communication with parents.
2. Provide appropriate instruction to each student consistent at various academic levels with the student's needs and the goals and objectives
on the IEP.
3. Develop, revise and maintain a class schedule.
4. Prepare and submit all required reports, especially those pertaining to student progress, in a timely and thorough manner.
5. Inform the administrator of special concerns and needs as they pertain to the behavior and academics of individual students.
6. Work effectively as a team member.
7. Select, adapt and appropriately use teaching methods and materials to meet individual needs of students.
8. Supervise 2-3 instructional assistants.
**This position also pays a $1,700 yearly stipend**
FISD pays an average of $9,000 above state base
FISD pays $225 a month towards Blue Cross/Blue Shield Health Insurance
You can earn up to 5 local and 5 state days