Title: Early Childhood Intervention Specialist
Qualifications: Minimum requirement - Bachelor’s degree in secondary or elementary education, or higher from an accredited college or university
Certification: Early Childhood Intervention Specialist Certification PK-3
Reports to: Principal or Designee
Contract Provisions: 191 days Limited Contract
Training & Experience: Work experience with children in a multi-ethnic situation preferred.
1) Plans for and guides the learning process to help students achieve state standards.
2) Maintains a classroom atmosphere which is safe and conducive to learning.
3) Establishes a professional relationship with all assigned students.
4) Maintains an open line of communication with parents/ guardians using the tools provided by the district including, but not limited to, Powerschool and Cognos.
5) Maintains a professional demeanor with students, parents, coworkers and administration.
6) Engages in professional growth activities through ongoing programs of job-related knowledge and skill development.
7) Meets regular and predictable attendance requirements.
To provide educational opportunities where students may fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and psychological growth; and to provide an instruction that will result in students achieving academic success in accordance with Cincinnati Public Schools’ standards.
- Commitment to helping urban students to succeed; with an emphasis on urban schools with diverse socioeconomic levels, racial and ethnic backgrounds.
- Willingness to spend the time needed to effectively meet the challenges, objectives, and mission of the CPS district.
- Ability to be professional, compassionate, empathetic, caring and dedicated to human growth and development.
- Oversees and maintains a positive academic atmosphere conducive to learning and the safety of students.
- Implements instructional program, and maintains a climate where students are actively engaged in a meaningful and productive learning experiences.
- Identifies, selects, and modifies instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
- Assists in assessing changing curricular needs and offers plans for improvement.
- Maintains effective and efficient records of student performance.
- Consistently uses technology for the benefit of students’ education.
- Establishes a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis.
- Collaborates with peers to enhance the instructional environment.
- Ensures that student growth and achievement is continuous and appropriate for groups, and subject areas.
- Accepts responsibility for meeting his/her course and student performance goals.
- Supervises students at all times during the school day.
- Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as: meeting deadlines, and honoring schedules.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by their principal/supervisor.
- Seeks to involve parents, corporations and the community in the education of youth.
- Participates cooperatively with other teachers and administrators to develop a method of evaluation in conformance with district guidelines.
- Maintains licensure requirements and professional competence through in-service educational activities provided by the district and in self-selected professional growth activities.
- Encourages students to think independently and to express original ideas.