Position: K-12 Speech & Language Pathologist
Job Summary: Evaluates possible speech and language disorders in children and provides remedial therapies. Therapy is provided to students in group or individual sessions. Provides direct student instruction and /or therapy. Also works with parents and other agencies in helping each individual student reach his or her maximum potential. This position may be assigned to a local district.
1. Education: The job requires a Master’s degree in Speech and Language Pathology.
2. Experience: Experience working with special education students is desirable.
3. Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: (A) Awareness of Michigan special education laws, rules, and regulations. (B) Knowledge of speech and language
4. Special Considerations: (A) This position may require that the employee provide his or her own transportation for job related travel. (B) The incumbent must
exercise discretion and confidentiality in dealing with staff and operations.
5. Certification or Licensure: A valid State of Michigan teaching certificate in
speech and language or Certificate of Clinical Competence is required.
The next step in the employment process will be to contact selected applicants for interviews which will happen after the application deadline.