The lunchroom supervisor will help establish and maintain a calm, pleasant, and safe atmosphere in the cafeteria so that students may find mealtime a time to relax after the tasks of the morning and to refresh themselves for the tasks of the afternoon.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Organizes students into orderly lines for purchasing food and directs them to assigned tables.
- Helps students develop and observe proper dining habits, both in terms of etiquette and nutrition.
- Assists younger students with use of utensils when needed.
- Organizes students for orderly disposal of food waste, trays, and utensils.
- Organizes groups for orderly dismissal from the lunchroom.
- Circulates among the tables during the meal period so as to be available to help children who need assistance and resolve any minor problems that arise.
- Informs disciplinary supervisor at once of any serious infraction of disciplinary rules by students.
- Calls immediately for the disciplinary supervisor in the event of any serious argument involving more than two students; any incident involving physical confrontation; and any incident that appears to be of more than momentary disruption.
- Circulates among outside supervisory areas during recess (for K-5 students) to ensure the safety of all students.
- Mediate minor infractions of disciplinary actions of all students.
- Contact nurse for serious injuries or incidents to ensure student safety.
- Assist the custodian in the organization and cleanliness of the lunchroom (including participation in general cleaning).
- Must be prompt and dependable.
- Demonstrates ability to follow directions.
- Demonstrates ability to deal with students and staff with courtesy and patience.
- Maintains confidentiality in dealing with people.