• Knowledge and understanding of elementary teaching principles including the Common Core Standards
• Ability to collect, analyze and interpret data
• Teaching experience in a K-8 setting
• Ability to problem solve and work collaboratively with diverse groups
• Experience with Special Education
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Excellent technology skills and knowledge of various programs
• Ability to facilitate instructionally-focused meetings
• Experience with creating schedules for grade levels, assessments, meetings, fine arts and PE classes, etc.
• Experience with student discipline
• Experience with RTI
• Experience with Early Childhood populations and programming
The successful candidate must meet the legal certification requirements for an administrator in the State of Illinois:
- Certified Teacher
- Masters Degree
- Illinois Type 75 General Administrative Certificate
CONTRACT AND COMPENSATION
The compensation package for this eleven month position will be competitive with similar positions in the area and commensurate with the qualifications, education, and experience of the candidate.
Medical, dental, life, and disability insurance are provided, as well as a 9.4% TRS contribution.
The deadline for submitting an application for this position is April 16, 2013, at 5:00 p.m. Interviews will be conducted in April and May. The candidate selected will be recommended for employment at the June Board of Education Meeting. The start date for the position will be August 1, 2013.