James Giles Elementary School
Description: James Giles School is located in Norridge, Illinois. Giles School serves approximately 475 students in grades kindergarten through eighth grade. Giles School also houses an early childhood program, of approximately 20 students, sponsored by the Leyden Area Special Education Cooperative (LASEC). The Board of Education seeks an experienced educator to become the next principal of James Giles School. The successful candidate will be one who will:
Qualifications: The applicant must posses an Illinois Type 75 Administrative Certificate. The applicant must also have at least five years of classroom teaching experience and at least three years of administrative experience preferred.
- Demonstrate a passion for students and education;
- Appreciate diversity and expect high levels of student engagement as well as achievement through equitable access to the curriculum;
- Encourage and support professional growth among all staff;
- Possess an extensive knowledge and understanding of the kindergarten through eighth grade curriculum;
- Understand how children learn and articulate the learning needs of each grade span;
- Provide strong instructional and educational leadership;
- Possess a collaborative leadership style that embraces students, staff, parents, and community stakeholders;
- Can articulate and communicate a vision for professional excellence and commitment.
Salary and Benefits: Regionally competitive
Application Process: Interested applicants are required to complete an on-line application and attach to their electronic application scanned copies of:
Please note: Do not forward or mail any paper documents to the Norridge School 80. Paper applications will not be accepted.
- teaching/administrative certificates;
- university transcriptions;
- three (3) current letters of reference;
- a narrative that describes two (2) significant educational accomplishments from the last year.