Position: Substitute Bus Driver
Location: Transportation Department
Employment Period: School Year (185 days) 4 hours per day
Job Class: $11.00 Hourly
· Operate Class A, B, C, D, E and F buses
· Conduct a pre-trip inspection of vehicle prior to each trip
· Maintain adequate fuel, oil coolant, and windshield washer and transmissions fluid in vehicle.
· Report defects and malfunctions IAW established procedures.
· Maintain clean bus exterior and interior; maintain buss in condition that will pass state police inspection at all times.
· Operate busses in accordance with established federal, state and local procedures.
· Be knowledgeable of, and comply with, all applicable laws, ordinances, rules and procedures relative to
the operation and use of school buses.
· Maintain safety, order and discipline aboard bus.
· Complete required reports.
· Operate 2-way radio in accordance with federal, local and state regulations.
· Other duties as assigned by the Transportation Supervisor and/or Assistant Transportation Supervisor.
· Valid Indiana Commercial Drivers License with School bus Certification.
· Must pass physical examination under requirements of IC 20-9-1.
· Ability to operate all equipment on bus.
· Ability to read and interpret materials, such as safety rules, operating instructions and procedures manuals.
· Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.