The speech/language pathologist shall be directly responsible to the building principal for the performance of assigned duties. Public school speech/language pathologists are communication specialists who work with students who are identified with language disabilities, articulation deficits, dysfluent speech and voice disorders. Many functions of the speech/language pathologist will be of a confidential or personal nature.
1. Identifies and serves speech/language impaired students within the school system.
2. Provide a thorough assessment and diagnosis of speech, voice, hearing and language impairments.
3. Directs therapy sessions including speech/language articulation, voice and fluency therapy.
4. Consults and collaborates with teachers and monitors student progress.
5. Conducts and participates in child study, eligibility, screening and staff meetings and conferences.
6. Serves as a resource to school staff members in the development of a balanced program for oral communications and speech improvement.
7. Prepares speech and language reports.
8. Prepares and maintains related records and files.
9. Collaborates with classroom teachers and other school staff members to implement programs throughout the student’s daily activities.
10. Provides information, support and counseling to parents and families when appropriate.
11. Perform other responsibilities assigned, including the appropriate expectations identified in the Core Expectations for Teachers.
1. The speech/language pathologist should have a minimum of a Master’s degree in speech/language pathology.
2. The speech/language pathologist should demonstrate the ability to provide speech/language therapy and manage related activities.
Kildeer Countryside CCSD 96
1050 Ivy Hall Lane
Kildeer District 96 is located in the southern part of Lake County in Illinois. District 96 serves students in the communities of Buffalo Grove, Long Grove and sections of Lake Zurich, Kildeer and Vernon Hills.
District 96 has seven schools, a kindergarten and early childhood center, four elementary schools (Gr 1-5) and two middle schools (Gr 6-8). Students attend Stevenson High School District 125 following graduation from eighth grade.
District 96 has been recognized for the achievement of its students from both the State of Illinois and the US Department of Education. Operating as a professional learning community, District 96 focuses on student learning for every child in every school, every day.
All jobs from Kildeer Countryside CCSD 96