Posted August 2, 2012
Deadline for application: Open until filled
Contract length: 185 days
Compensation: $9.79 per hour
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Nature and Scope of Job: Assists bus driver in the safe transportation of students.
Education, Licenses, Certification or Formal Training:
· High school diploma or GED.
· Eight hours of pre-training at district expense.
· First Aid training.
Qualifications: Some knowledge of bus operation and ability to assist in emergency situations; good interpersonal skills required; knowledge of scheduled route to assist sub drivers; ability to work with handicapped children. Bilingual skills helpful (English/Spanish).
Essential Job Functions:
- Aids the driver in the internal and external cleanliness of the bus.
- Aids driver in pre-trip inspection.
- Assists in the loading and unloading of students.
- Aids in railroad crossing procedures.
- Assists in control of students while enroute.
- May ride on handicapped student bus; helping with personal needs and making sure seat belts are securely fastened.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Weld County School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Apply online www.greeleyschools.org