Media Specialists who are certificated and highly qualified in the State of Arizona, or have the qualifications to be certified and highly qualified by the State of Arizona. All Media Specialists in the Tolleson Union High School District are expected to demonstrate proficiency in their performance in each of the following certified competency standards:
1) Design and Plans Instruction.
2) Creates and Maintains a Learning Climate.
3) Implements and Manages Instruction.
4) Assesses Learning and Communicates Results.
5) Collaborates with Colleagues, Parents, and Others.
6) Engages in Professional Development and Responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Select order and prepare books for library.
2) Balance all assigned accounts.
3) Catalog and all materials in the library in a computer-based system and maintain the system.
4) Chair activities that spotlight uses of the library.
5) Serve in advisory and supervisory position to students and teachers with respect to
6) Promote the values of using the library for reference, resource and recreational reading.
7) Perform any other duties assigned by the Principal.
1) Bachelor's Degree with library media endorsement from Arizona State Department of Education,
preferably Master's Degree in Library Science.
2) Valid AZ Teaching Certificate.
3) Library Media Specialist Endorsement.
4) Highly qualified in the content area.
5) Minimum of three years classroom teaching experience.
6) Computer literate and previous Library experience preferred.
7) Ability to teach, direct and supervise groups of students.
8) Effectively interact with students and other staff members.
Additional required documents are listed within the application. Beginning salary level is $35,000. Compensation may be granted for graduate level courses completed above a Bachelor’s Degree. Up to eight years of educational experience may be granted. In addition to the base salary amount, performance pay (301) is awarded to all certified staff that successfully completes established goals. Full Time employees receive benefits including health, dental, life, and short term disability insurance.