The Transportation Aide is responsible for working with the bus driver to ensure the safe and efficient transportation of students. Works with the bus driver, parents/guardians, teachers and staff in the assigned area of responsibility to ensure the safe pickup and dropoff of students at designated locations.
Positions available for the 2011-12 school year. Substitute employees are defined as At Will employees, which implies no guaranteed or implied right to regular employment under any bargaining unit contract.
- $9.42 per hour after completion of 15 hour transportation training program, 10 hour training in medical procedures, behavior management and hazardous materials.
- $8.00 per hour (training wage) until above-mentioned training is completed
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to pass a physical examination and a drug test required
- Maintain a personal telephone to ensure communication with district personnel required
- Ability to participate and successfully complete 15 hour district-sponsored transportation training program
- Ability to participate in and successfully complete first aid, cardiac pulmonary resuscitation (CPR), bloodborne pathogen, behavior management and hazardous materials training required Other required training may include oral and tracheal suctioning, crisis prevention intervention and diastat
Prefer candidates with one year of experience working with special education students.
Applications accepted until the positions are filled, and will be considered in the order that they are received
- Interested candidates should submit an online application
- If you have access to a scanner, upload a copy of your high school diploma/equivalent.
- If you do not have access to a scanner, plan to bring this documentation with you if you are selected for hire.