INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY - Junior Technician
1. High School Degree required.
Associates Degree or Higher Preferred. Minimum of two years IT
technical support experience.
2. Strong understanding of computer,
server and network appliance repair, with a experience on both
Microsoft and Macintosh platforms. Knowledge of
LAN/WAN topologies a
Experience installing and configuring Windows XP/7 and Mac OSx
platforms, network cards, hard drives, CD-ROMS, memory, and
various software applications on desktop and laptop computers.
Experience working with remote tools to assist users. Kaseya IT
Management or SpiceWorks Helpdesk knowledge is a plus. Ability to
maintain, update, and create model specific ghost images using
Symantec Ghost software or similar process. Active Directory and
some server application knowledge, such as DHCP, DNS, Exchange,
etc are a plus.
3. Must be physically able to lift
computers and other equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
4. Able to work in non air-conditioned
5. Service oriented personality.
6. Excellent communication skills. Strong
customer service skills, telephone skills and business writing
skills. Exemplary professional time management, project
prioritization and interpersonal skills. Excellent problem
solving, organizational, and analytical skills.
7. Ability to work independently, as a
team leader and as a team member.
8. Organizational, budget, requisition and ordering
9. Provides interest in additional training or willingness to
increase job knowledge.
To help maintain the district's technology hardware and
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Establish and maintain good rapport
with staff, schools, departments, students, parents and vendors
within the Ridgefield community. Responds to Helpdesk; email;
telephone calls and in-person requests from all users in the
2. Repair technology hardware at all
sites in the district.
3. Order parts and equipment as
4. Update status of repairs through
various communication mediums.
5. Facilitate, coordinate and train site
and department staff in the repair processes.
Provide advanced (or
Tier 2) technical support for Paraprofessional staff.
7. Other job related duties as
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
welve-month year with four weeks of vacation plus established
Salary $40,000 to $50,000
depending on job qualifications and experience.