Speech Pathologist- 3 Positions
Posted July 7, 2012
Deadline for application: July 20, 2012
Contract length: 2011-2012
Compensation: Salary and benefits are regionally competitive and based on experience and training.
Work Schedule: 185 Days
Nature and Scope of Job: Provide diagnostic and remediation services for persons with speech and/or language disorders. Responsible to the Director of Pupil Services, and is under the immediate supervision of the building principals.
Education, Licenses, Certification or Formal Training:
- Master’s Degree in Speech Pathology.
- Valid Colorado Teacher’s Certificate endorsed as a Speech Pathologist
Qualifications: Applicant must have the knowledge of Colorado state and district content standards; knowledge and skills sufficient to be able to perform all duties of the position; understanding of assistive augmentative and adaptive technology and equipment for individuals with special needs. Bilingual skills in English/Spanish preferred, but not required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Locates those students with deviant speech either through screening processes, teacher referral, or other sources.
- Diagnoses and evaluates the speech/language problems of the students.
- Establishes and provides a program of remediation.
- Enrolls these students in the appropriate speech/language program.
- Informs their parents, teachers, principals, etc., periodically of their progress.
- Completes all reports as requested by local and state agencies.
- Provides consultative services, in area of specialty, whenever possible.
- Serves as a member of the diagnostic and prescriptive team in the psycho educational evaluation of students in the buildings to which he/she is assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Weld County School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Apply online www.greeleyschools.org