The Cañon City School District is accepting applications for the position of SUBSTITUTE PARAPROFESSIONAL. This position is On-Call/As Needed during the school year. Hours and locations will vary depending on District needs. Starting pay is $8.07 per hour.
- Must meet proficiency on a district-administered assessment or possess an AA Degree or the equivalency of two years of undergraduate college classes
- Pass background check
- $50.00 fee for fingerprinting
- Demonstrate reliability in all work situations
- Present a professional appearance personally and in the work area
- Promote and maintain positive working relationships with peers, students, and the public
- Be knowledgeable about the job
- Always strive to stay on task and produce high quality work
- Model the District's Mission and Belief Statements
- Under the direction of the supervising teacher, implement schedules and routines, communicate with parents, work 1-to-1, in small groups or in full classroom settings, complete and perform clerical tasks, and support school-wide and classroom management plans.
- Meet the educational, physical and emotional needs of students assigned
- Possess skills to be able to utilize basic technology as directed by the District to communicate and function effectively as a 21<SUP>st</SUP> century employee.
- Assist with supervisory, clerical or other job-related duties as assigned
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of co-workers and varied student age levels
- Flexible, positive attitude, patient
- Exceptionally reliable and dependable
- Ability to balance self-initiative with directions from supervisors
- Effective behavior management strategies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a variety of students with special needs
TO APPLY: A district application must be completed online at www.canoncityschools.org. Inquiries: Ty Valentine, Director of Human Resources, Cañon City Schools, 101 N. 14th St., Cañon City, CO 81212 (719) 276-5700. The positions will remain open until filled