Salary: Per contract
Method of Application:
Persons interested should contact the Transportation Department, 2370 S. Milford Rd., Highland, MI 48357 for description of specific routes available.
- Successfully pass interview for Bus Attendant.
- Shall have past experience and abilities in working with children, preferably handicapped children.
- Meet local and state physical examination requirements.
- Not required, but desired:
- Certified in First Aid
- Certified in CPR
- Ability to conduct a bus evacuation drill.
- Bus Attendants shall have achieved self-improvement by attending training sessions, in-service and workshops conducted by Huron Valley Schools or other approved agencies.
- Establish favorable working relationships with other attendants, drivers, maintenance personnel, teachers, students, principals and other school staff.
- Responsible for the care of children that ride assigned route.
- Assist children boarding and exiting the bus.
- Supervise the children on the bus to and from school.
- Assist the bus driver in maintaining discipline on the bus.
- Responsible for ensuring that all wheel chair tie downs, safety vest, safety and restraint belts, etc. are properly secured.
- Identify with geographic service area of school district and routes you travel.
- Demonstrate knowledge of rules and regulations promulgated by local, state and federal authorities.
- Be alert and exercise good judgment concerning emergencies and day-to-day operations.
- Keep accurate records and reports as required, turn in at the specified time.
- Other duties as required.