AN EQUAL RIGHTS AND OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
SALARY: $7.15 Per Hour
1. High school graduate or GED.
2. Willingness to work with students on a one-to-one basis, as well as in small and large groups.
3. Willingness to take directions from the classroom teacher.
4. Ability to maintain a positive attitude with students.
5. Such alternatives to the above as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Classroom Teacher/Building Principal
JOB GOAL: To provide assistance as needed.
1. Assist in the reinforcement of instruction with students as directed by the classroom teacher; but does not provide direct instruction to students.
2. Work with students not involved indirect instruction while the classroom teacher is teaching others.
3. Accompany and assist students in related arts classes under the direction of the teacher.
4. Assist with lunch and recess supervision of students.
5. Assist with daily clerical needs of the classroom.
6. Assist in maintaining good classroom appearance.
7. Assist in the supervision of students on field trips and in-school activities.
8. Assist in preparation of instructional materials used in daily lessons.
9. Any other duties assigned by the Superintendent or his designee.
1. Ability to sit and talk and hear.
2. Ability to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and move quickly when
necessary to promote student learning and/or safety.
3. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
4. Ability to push items of 50 lbs such as pushing children in a wheelchair or moving/rearranging furniture.
1. Ability to speak clearly and distinctly.
2. Auditory acuity to be able to use telephone.
3. Visual acuity to read correspondence and computer screen.
1. Indoor and outdoor environments.
1. Ability to work as a member of a team.
2. Must be courteous.
3. Must be cooperative, congenial, service oriented, and promote these qualities in the building.
4. Ability to work in an environment with frequent interruptions.
1. Ability to follow written and verbal directions.
2. Ability to demonstrate good written and verbal skills.
3. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to students, staff, and other employees of the organization.
4. Ability to read, write and do computations.
5. Ability to work independently and make work-related decisions.
6. Ability to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
7. Ability to exercise good judgment in prioritizing tasks, and problem solving.
8. Ability to use correct grammar, sentence structure and spelling.
9. Ability to communicate effectively at all organizational levels.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disability (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding the position and additional duties may be assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: One hundred eighty day work year, salary in accordance with the Millcreek
Educational Association Meet and Discuss Agreement.
EVALUATION: Performance evaluated -annually by the Principal or his designee.