AN EQUAL RIGHTS AND OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
SALARY: $7.15 Per Hour
1. High School diploma or GED required.
2. Food handling experience desired but not required.
3. Willingness to accept on the job training.
4. Good interpersonal skills.
5. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
6. Such alternatives to the above as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: School Food Service Manager
JOB GOAL: To provide assistance to the food service staff as requested.
1. Assists Food Service staff with setting up serving lines.
2. Serves food in proper pre-determined portion size while meeting the requirements of a Type A lunch.
3. Serves food that is the correct serving temperature and quality.
4. Maintain appearance of all equipment and serving counters.
5. Assist in food preparation and clean up as needed.
6. Any other duties assigned by the Superintendent or his/her designee.
1. Ability to sit and talk and hear.
2. Ability to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and move quickly when
necessary to promote student learning and/or safety.
3. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
4. Ability to push items of 50 lbs such as pushing children in a wheelchair or moving/rearranging furniture.
1. Ability to speak clearly and distinctly.
2. Auditory acuity to be able to use telephone.
3. Visual acuity to read correspondence and computer screen.
1. Indoor and outdoor environments.
1. Ability to work as a member of a team.
2. Must be courteous.
3. Must be cooperative, congenial, service oriented, and promote these qualities in the building.
4. Ability to work in an environment with frequent interruptions.
1. Ability to follow written and verbal directions.
2. Ability to demonstrate good written and verbal skills.
3. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to students, staff, and other employees of the organization.
4. Ability to read, write and do computations.
5. Ability to work independently and make work-related decisions.
6. Ability to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
7. Ability to exercise good judgment in prioritizing tasks, and problem solving.
8. Ability to use correct grammar, sentence structure and spelling.
9. Ability to communicate effectively at all organizational levels.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disability (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding the position and additional duties may be assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Work year and salary in accordance with Food Service Employees Meet and
EVALUATION: Performance will be evaluated annually by the supervisor or his/her designee.