AN EQUAL RIGHTS AND OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
SALARY: $14.95 Per Hour
1. High School graduate.
2. LPN or higher degree.
3. Valid certification in CPR/AED.
4. Maintain confidentiality of District business.
5. Experience as a skilled health care worker.
6. Work under the direct supervision of the School Nurse.
7. Demonstrates sensitivity to the health needs of the students of varying age levels, diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds.
8. Ability to relate and otherwise communicate with students, parents and staff.
9. Such alternative to the above as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: School Nurse, Building Principal, Superintendent
JOB GOAL: To provide medical support to the students and staff.
1. Receive students who present symptoms of health-related problems.
2. Provide medical first aid services in the absence of the school nurse in accordance with District policy and 28 PA Code 23.79 and the first aid standing orders and guidelines of the school district.
3. Contact school nurse and advise of symptoms of student health-related problems.
4. Contact parents or guardian of child with symptoms of school health-related problem under the direction of the School Nurse.
5. Initiate phone contact with parents and guardians of children who are absent from school for health-related reasons under the direction of the School Nurse.
6. Contact parents or guardians of students for follow-up as requested by school nurse.
7. Assist school nurse in record keeping for all students.
8. Assist school nurse in record keeping for all state mandated height and weight screening for all students.
9. Assist school nurse in regard to immunization data on assigned students for accuracy and scheduled compliance.
10. Assist school nurse in regard to TB testing and scoliosis screening as directed.
11. Schedule students for various screening procedures and dental examinations as directed by school nurse.
12. Contact other school districts regarding transfer of student’s health records under the direction of the School Nurse.
13. Assist school nurse in filling out school accident reports.
14. Distribute medication to students pursuant to District Policy 210.
15. Any other duties as assigned by the Superintendent or his designee.
1. Ability to sit and talk and hear.
2. Ability to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and move quickly when
necessary to promote student learning and/or safety.
3. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
4. Ability to push items of 50 lbs such as pushing children in a wheelchair or moving/rearranging furniture.
1. Ability to speak clearly and distinctly.
2. Auditory acuity to be able to use telephone.
3. Visual acuity to read correspondence and computer screen.
1. Indoor and outdoor environments.
1. Ability to work as a member of a team.
2. Must be courteous.
3. Must be cooperative, congenial, service oriented, and promote these qualities in the building.
4. Ability to work in an environment with frequent interruptions.
1. Ability to follow written and verbal directions.
2. Ability to demonstrate good written and verbal skills.
3. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to students, staff, and other employees of the organization.
4. Ability to read, write and do computations.
5. Ability to work independently and make work-related decisions.
6. Ability to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
7. Ability to exercise good judgment in prioritizing tasks, and problem solving.
8. Ability to use correct grammar, sentence structure and spelling.
9. Ability to communicate effectively at all organizational levels.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disability (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding the position and additional duties may be assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: One hundred eighty day work year. 10:00 - 2:30 daily with 1/2 hour lunch as
assigned by principal. Salary as set by the Educational Assistant Association Meet and Discuss Agreement.
EVALUATION: Performance evaluated annually by the Principal or his designee.