LINDOP SCHOOL DISTRICT 92
SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER ASSISTANT GOALS:
To provide appropriate support to students with special needs.
To foster student independence by providing support when necessary.
To provide effective communication to support the student’s program.
REPORTS TO: Teacher, Principal and Assistant Principal
1. Supports students in special education class:
a. Follows the lead or direction from the special education teacher.
b. Moves around the room and offers support to all students unless directed
c. If not leading a specific instructional group, gets students started and then backs away to foster independence or facilitate student support.
d. Communicates with special education teacher concerns or difficulties the student is experiencing.
e. Notifies special education teacher if leaving the room.
f. Follows schedule unless changed by the special education teacher.
g. Provides specialized assistance as directed for special needs students.
2. Supports students included in regular education classes:
a. Keeps special education teacher informed of issues, schedule changes, special events, need for additional modification, etc.
b. Modifies assignments on the spot.
c. Follows lead or direction of the regular education and/or special education teacher.
d. Moves around the room and offers support to all students unless directed otherwise.
e. If not leading a specific instructional group, gets the student started and thenbacks away to foster independence or facilitate student support.
f. Serves as connection between regular education and special education teachers.
g. Is on time so the transition into the class is smooth.
h. Follows schedule unless changed by teacher.
3. Meets on weekly basis with special education teacher at agreed upon time.
4. Notifies special education teacher/regular education teacher if leaving the room.
5. Follows the direction or lead from regular education and special education teacher.
6. Displays a pleasant, businesslike demeanor in all interactions with students, parents, staff and community members.
7. Observes and follows all District policies and procedures.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: In accordance with the LSSA negotiated Agreement