Closes: Until Filled
Holmes, Zan Wesley, Jr. Middle School
- Inform parents individually or in small groups to reinforce and follow-up on learning activities.
- Conduct scheduled home visits to improve communications with parents.
- Complete home visit forms and maintain records of home visits conducted.
- Help with workshops and prepare accompanying handouts, audiovisual materials, evaluation forms, and
- informative letters for parenting sessions to improve child development.
- Make referrals, access community resources, and serve as an advocate for parents.
- Assist with the planning and management of PACT sessions.
- Assist with special events and field trips for children and parents.
- Keep parents informed of program opportunities and services available at the school or within the
- community to support student progress with class activities, homework, projects, test-preparation, and
- social behavior.
- Keep teachers abreast of special needs or problems of individual students.
- Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned.
- All federally funded incumbents of this position must comply with time and effort reporting
- requirements through personnel activity reports or periodic certification, as appropriate.
- Accredited Senior High School Diploma or equivalent (U.S.A. equivalency); Texas Driver License
- Six months experience working with children and parents
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated general knowledge of child growth/development and behavior characteristics
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from diverse ethnic groups
Selected individuals for Dallas Independent School District positions will be placed according to current District promotional policy and compensation guidelines. A campus-based employee may not assume a new position for which he/she was selected based upon the posting process until the end of the current semester, unless approved by the Executive Director, Human Resources. A security check and disclosure of family relationship information is required for all positions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/H