Technical Support Specialist
Available: November, 2012
Closes: until filled
All EGSD Buildings
The Technical Support Specialist is full-time and will be the principal point of contact for all issues relating to technology within Fraser Valley Elementary and Granby Elementary Schools. The specialist will report to the Technology Director.
- • Provide technical support to users for hardware and software issues.
- • Troubleshoot complex problems.
- • Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems.
- • Configure client workstations, laptops, and mobile devices.
- • Install and maintain approved hardware and software.
- • Orient users on hardware and software use.
- • Maintain hardware and software inventory and licenses.
- • Assist in the maintenance and testing of network servers and associated equipment.
- • Order computer parts and supplies.
- • Manage Mobile Device Accounts.
- • Create user accounts for directory services, approved software.
- • Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team.
- • Ability to multitask, establish priorities, and meet deadlines.
- • Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- • Capable problem solving skills.
- • Ability to learn, adapt, and grow with changing technologies.
- • Experience with Mac OS X.
- • Experience with Apple iOS is helpful.
- • Basic understanding of computer networking.
- • Some knowledge of wireless networks.
Alternating days at two locations, one in Fraser the other Granby in Mac OS X and Apple iOS environments. Wage begins at $19.00/hour.
Completion and submission of required materials.
Three professional references must be provided upon request.
Interviews will be scheduled for select candidates.