Posting dates: 12/05/11 thru 1/03/12 or until filled
Hours: Varies from 10:50 AM thru 1:40 PM
Provide assistance to the administration and teachers in the general supervision of students; assist in maintaining discipline on-site and while on field trips; communicate with bus drivers, community members, students, staff and parents.
Essential functions of the job include the following:
- Supervise lunchroom and playground (will be outside during recess times).
- Supervise students on the playground, in hallways, lunchroom, bus areas (making sure students have transportation home), rest rooms locker rooms or parking lot area by moving throughout the supervision area, assisting students (including on and off equipment), assisting injured students, monitoring and responding appropriate to student misbehavior, and in extreme cases, may be required to restrain students consistent with individual student plans and district policy.
- Monitor behavior of students for appropriateness, initiate appropriate consequences for student misbehavior according to individual learning plans and building discipline plan or evaluating the need for further discipline; confer with administration, teachers, counselors or parents regarding behavior problems and discipline.
- Provide information to parents, drivers, and community members as necessary during supervision or as a result of disciplinary issues.
- Assist students who need special assistance such as using elevators.
- Assist classroom teacher in supervision of class and correcting papers; assist teacher with set up and take down of classroom materials for instructional units; May escort children around building; provide supervision on field trips; In early childhood program, may diaper and feed students, read stories, play with students, wash toys and paint brushes, straightening up room, etc.
Other functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
- Refer clean-up, repair or general maintenance problems to custodial staff.
- Assist administration in conducting fire drills by insuring that students and teachers follow established rules for exit, re-grouping and re-entry to building.
- Provide some general clerical functions such as answering phones, greeting and assisting visitors, operating office machines, opening and distributing mail, and filing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· High School graduate or equivalent.
· Must possess and display excellent human relations skills when dealing with staff,students, and community.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
· Ability to communicate with students, staff and community.
· Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
· Ability to perform duties with awareness of applicable district requirements and Board of Education policies. Regular attendance.
Regularly required to sit, stand and move throughout school; must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and must be able to restrain students when needed; and may be required to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
$12.00 per hour
For question please contact:
Sonnie Evans at 651-621-7802