Business Operations Manager- Roberto Clemente High School
1147 North Western Avenue Chicago, IL 60622
||Position: Operations Business Manager, 0.5 FTE
Location: Roberto Clemente High School
Position Period: 52 Week
Reports to: Principal
The Operations Manager will oversee the facility and technology operations of the school
The Operations Manager aligns the school's efforts to manage resources effectively and efficiently to ensure that the school meets annual outcome measures. The Business Manager is responsible for development, oversight, and maintenance of the school's annual budget, payroll, accounts payable, purchase orders, and supervision of customer service personnel.
- Work closely and diligently with the administration to ensure that effective and efficient business processes are in place to support teaching and learning
- Create and manage business processes that quickly and efficiently provide faculty and staff with the approved resources they need to effectively conduct their work
- Maintain shared accountability with school-wide student achievement expectations
- Operate as a strategic financial manager; coordinate the preparation of the school's annual budget. Execute and manage the internal processes that lead to the construction of the annual budget.
- Manage the internal local account system. Oversee and execute the monthly reconciliation process using the school's internal accounting software.
- Manage the
school's use of discretionary and categorical funds and prepare fund transfers
- Reviews and expedites the processing of all school purchase requisitions, purchase orders, and purchasing contracts
- Ensure that responsible financial checks and balances are present in school-wide procedures and policies.
- Keep the school compliant with accounting best practices, laws, and CPS policies. Reflect a full understanding of the Budget Manual and School Internal Accounts Manual.
- Oversee the internal purchasing system and the
school's participation in CPS' I-Procurement.
- Oversee payroll operation including bucket openings and closings, timeliness of payment of overtime, and problem solves issues of employee pay.
Qualifications for Job:
- Strong leadership, collaboration, and communication skills; ability to work a diverse group of professionals around a clear goal
- Solid financial management skills with proven experience in CPS' accounting systems
- Predisposition to be proactive and a self-starter; ability to stay several steps ahead and to anticipate and address problems before they develop; comfort with ambiguity and ability to troubleshoot and to devise targeted, ad hoc solutions
- Willingness to take risks and propose solutions or strategies outside of traditional or current paradigms
- Ability to successfully manage and lead adults toward completion of common goals and expectations; comfort with having difficult conversations with adults and making decisions that are in the best interests of students.
Type of Education Required: Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business management or related field. Master's of Business Administration (MBA) preferred.
Type of Experience and Number of Years:
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience as a operations manager or similar role in an urban school setting
How to Apply:
Interested candidates please visit http://www.cpstransformation.org