FALL RIVER PUBLIC SCHOOLS
FALL RIVER, MASSACHUSETTS
OF CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
1. A Bachelor's or Master's Degree
from an accredited college or university with a major emphasis on
2. Appropriate Massachusetts
3. Preference will be given to
those candidates who present evidence of substantial experience
in regular and/or special education settings.
1. Direct assignment
to the building principal for routine administrative matters and
to the Supervisor of Special Needs for the delivery of services
identified in the IEP, and related program issues.
2. To perform all duties
listed herein and other appropriate tasks assigned by the
Supervisor of Special
3. In cooperation with the Evaluation TEAM
Chairperson, the School Psychologist
and such other special needs staff members, as involved, performs
diagnostic assessments of children suspected of, or diagnosed as
having, special needs.
4. In cooperation with
the Evaluation TEAM Chairperson, consults regularly with
Regular Education and Special Education Teachers regarding ways
to meet the needs of those special needs students assigned to
5. Work with school
staff to promote maximum integration of children with special
6. To participate actively in the evaluation
process and TEAM meetings.
7. To chair all perfunctory Review and Annual
Review Meetings of students.
8. To administer educational assessments for
Annual Reviews and Re-evaluations.
9. To assist in the
development of appropriate educational plans as directed by
10. Insure the orderly and timely implementation of
those educational plans
11. To confer with the parents of special needs
students, as needed.
12. To assist the Evaluation Chairperson and other
assigned staff in maintenance of
13. To submit to the Principal, the Director, the
Supervisor of Special Education
schedules and reports as required, including semi-annual Pupil
Reports and Annual Review.
14. To collaborate with other Special
Educators and Regular Education Teachers on
cases requiring joint
participation in implementing educational plans.
SALARY AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
In accordance with the appropriate Bargaining Unit/Grant
Employment is contingent upon job performance, program needs, and
Closing Date for
Applications: As indicated on webpage
The Fall River Public
Schools offers all programs, activities, and employment
opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, religion,
sexual orientation, and