TITLE: Night Custodian
1. Able to perform heavy manual labor which includes bending, lifting, and carrying
items of a minimum weight of 50 lbs.
2. Able to walk stand for long periods.
3. Able to follow written schedules and instruction.
4. High School Graduate, or equivalent skill level
5. Demonstrate aptitude or competence for assigned responsibilities.
6. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and
Director of Building and Grounds and Building Principal
The primary responsibility of the employee is to clean and maintain a safe, attractive, comfortable, clean, and efficient place in which students can learn, play, and develop.
1. Maintain building and premises, including sidewalks, driveways, and play areas, neat
clean at all times.
2. Shovel, plow, and sand walks, driveways, parking areas, steps, as appropriate.
3. Check daily to ensure that all exit doors are open and all panic bolts are working properly during the hours of building occupancy.
4. Sweep classrooms daily and dusts furniture per assigned schedule.
5. Scrub, hose down, and disinfect restroom floors daily, and clean all sanitary fixtures and drinking fountains daily.
6. Wash windows on both the inside and outside at least twice each year, and more frequently if necessary per cleaning schedule.
7. Sweep, mop and vacuum floors in a clean and attractive condition and in a good state of preservation.
8. Monitor and clean restrooms a minimum twice daily or as directed by Principal and/or Director of Building and Grounds.
9. Clean all chalkboards per assigned schedule.
10. Make minor building repairs.
11. Report major repairs needed promptly to the Director of Buildings and Grounds or Principal.
12. Assume responsibility for the opening and closing of the building each school day, for determining, before leaving, that all doors and windows are secure, and all lights, except those left on for safety reasons, are turned off per assignment.
13. Maintain an inventory of supplies, equipment, fuel on hand, and requisition needed replacements from the Director of Buildings and Grounds.
14. Move furniture or equipment within buildings as required for various activities as directed by the Principal and/or Director of Buildings and Grounds.
15. Able to plan projects and schedule general maintenance and repairs.
16. Comply with local laws and procedures for the storage and disposal of trash, rubbish, and waste.
17. Conduct periodic inspections and tests of all electrical installations in the school to ensure safe conditions.
18. Responsible to provide coverage for all custodial schedules within school.
19. Perform other duties as assigned by Principal and/or Director of Building and Grounds.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Twelve-month year.
2. 03:00p.m– 11:30PM Work Schedule
3. Salary and work year to be established by the Board.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Support Services Personnel.