Job re-posted 07/11/2012
School District 27J is currently seeking a Teacher - Visually Impaired/Orientation & Mobility Specialist. This is a 1.0 FTE (full-time) position.
Itinerant teacher of Preschool through Transition age providing instruction and training in skills related to blindness, providing academic support as well as, orientation and mobility instruction for students with vision disabilities as outlined on the IEP. Participate as a member of the multi-disciplinary assessment team for initial and triennial evaluations of students with vision disabilities. Complete the educational and vision assessment and reporting for IEP meetings.
1. Licensing as required by the Colorado Department of Education.
2. Experience working with and understanding the needs of vision impaired students.
3. Ability to provide training to students in home and school and neighborhood orientation and mobility through concept development, sensory development and orientation techniques.
4. Experience in completing functional vision, literacy modality, and orientation and mobility assessments and maintaining records and files.
5. Ability and experience to build positive relationships with students, staff, and parents.
6. Ability and willingness to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
7. Proof of Braille competency is required within one year of date of hire.
This position reports to building Principal. School District 27J desires to recruit and retain employees who share our commitment to providing outstanding educational services and opportunities to our diverse student population. The District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. The District complies with the Civil Rights Act of 1964, related Executive Orders 11246 and 11375, Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Section 402 of the Vietnam Era Veteran's readjustment Act of 1974, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, as amended, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, and all civil rights laws of the State of Colorado. Accordingly, equal opportunity of employment shall be extended to all persons and the District shall promote equal opportunity and treatment through fair and equitable hiring practices. The 27J Administration Building is located at 18551 E. 160th Ave., Brighton, CO 80601. DIRECT DEPOSIT REQUIRED. TOBACCO FREE ENVIRONMENT.
Apply online at www.sd27j.org. Currently contracted Teachers
please use Internal Application, upload a current
resume' and provide a maximum of 2 years previous work experience.
Please note that all postings for School District 27J close at 4:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time.