SPECIAL EDUCATION PARAPROFESSIONAL
A position is available for a Special Education Teacher Assistant. This position requires a High School Diploma and desires sixty (60) hours of college or university credits. This position’s goal is to assist the teacher in maintaining appropriate classroom activities and environment in order that students may learn effectively.
- Participates in daily and long-range lesson and classroom activity planning.
- Conducts learning exercises with small groups of children.
- Guides children in working and playing harmoniously with other children.
- Alerts the teacher to special needs of individual children.
- Provides escort and assistance to children as necessary.
- Helps maintain individual records for each child.
- Assists teacher in maintaining neat work and study areas.
- Instruct students under the teacher’s supervision.
- Any such other related duties as may be assigned by the building Principal.