We're looking for the fifth member of our support team. You'll join a growing group of talented, hard-working, and fun individuals working to support Aspex Solutions' products. Our flagship product, AppliTrack, is a web-based applicant tracking solution used by nearly 1,700 school-districts nation-wide (as well as several municipalities, park districts, and private companies in the United States, and a growing number of international clients!) . The best candidates will also contribute to the development and support of new products and procedures.
Working largely with the education industry, you'll build long-term relationships with clients that are consistently impressed with and excited by the results you deliver. In addition to getting up to speed on how to use our products, you'll spend a lot of time working with our back-end databases and scripts, and designing and editing code to meet our clients' needs. You'll be acting as the face and voice of Aspex Solutions; speaking directly with our clients, composing timely and yet detailed responses, and contributing to our documentation- so a flair for writing and the ability to describe technical concepts in layman's terms is a big plus.
The ideal candidate will have experience in as both a developer and a support representative using relational databases and vb.net. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with solid knowledge of computer programming/computer science to extend their developer skills while supporting existing systems. Knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio is needed to be successful in this position. Excellent communication and typing skills, strong ability to work well in a team environment, and firm analytical skills as well as the ability to work well with a variety of end users is also needed. Candidates must be able to logically and politely ask the appropriate troubleshooting questions to the end users. Prior work experience in an organization supporting a large number of direct end-users is required. Candidates should possess the following:
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of relational databases (Access, SQL Server)
- Ability to recognize reoccurring problems and suggest possible solutions
- Experience with supporting complex business processes
- Knowledge of common web-browsers including Internet Explorer, FireFox and Safari
- Knowledge of PC hardware and software
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexible; willing and able to do a variety of tasks
- Desire to increase job efficiency and productivity by developing and recommending new procedures and systems
- Ambition to lead future company support efforts
The salary for this position is commensurate with training and knowledge, starting at $44,000.
Aspex Solutions provides employees with an exciting opportunity to grow professionally in a fast-paced, small-business environment. We were recognized by Inc. 500 Magazine as one of the fastest growing companies in America (#1,606 overall, and #22 in the education field). We operate within a casual, friendly, team-based setting. We offer a competitive salary, as well as an excellent benefits package (including health, dental, 401K, company contributions to HSA healthcare plan, generous vacation package, and profit sharing), and flex time options.
- US Citizens and/or US Green Card holders are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor candidates at this time.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
For more information about our company, check out our website at http://www.aspexsolutions.com/.
To apply, click the Apply button above.