Special Education Inclusion/Resource
Campus Principal, Director for Special Education
LENGTH OF WORK YEAR:
$41,300 - $58,779
Provide services which will meet the needs of children assigned to the program.
1. Bachelor’s degree or higher
2. Valid Texas teacher’s certificate
3. Highly qualified as per NCLB guidelines
4. Necessary endorsements
1. Knowledge of subject(s) assigned
2. General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
3. Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
4. Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Develops and implements lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
2. Prepares lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
3. Presents subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
4. Plans and uses appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
5. Conducts assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
6. Works cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
7. Plans and supervises assignments of teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s).
8. Uses technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
9. Works cooperatively with general education teachers to modify curricula as needed for students with disabilities according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plan (IEP).
10. Cooperates with other members of the staff in planning and implementing instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
11. Serves as a member of the ARD committee in order to plan individualized student instructional services decide and to serve as a resource person to the students and teachers on the assigned campus.
12. Implements the educational plan for each child and provide positive reinforcement for tasks completed and appropriate behavior exhibited.
13. Evaluates and updates the individualized educational plan of each student at the end of every six weeks.
Student Growth and Development
14. Helps students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
15. Conducts ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
16. Assumes responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
17. Be a positive role model for students, support mission of school district.
Classroom Management and Organization
18. Manages student behavior in the classroom and administers discipline according to board polices, administrative regulations, student code of conduct, and IEP.
19. Creates classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
20. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
21. Assists in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
22. Maintains required records and reports, including preparing ARD paperwork within required timelines.
23. Structures the classroom to assist in behavior control and to create an atmosphere for efficient learning.
24. Be responsible for equipment and supplies.
25. Establishes and maintains open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
26. Maintains a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents and community members.
27. Uses effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
28. Accepts and fulfills the duties assigned by the building principal and the Director for Special Education.
29. Works collaboratively with the classroom teacher to suggest instructional strategies to be implemented in the regular classroom.
Professional Growth and Development
30. Participates in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
31. Keeps informed of and complies with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
32. Compiles, maintains, and files all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
33. Attends and participates in faculty meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
34. Demonstrates interest and initiative in professional improvement.
35. Demonstrates behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible.
36. Performs all duties in a safe manner to avoid injury to oneself and/or others.
37. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Supervise assigned teacher aide(s)
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment.
Employee’s Signature: Date
Supervisor’s Signature: Date
The Mission Consolidated Independent School District does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, disability, military status, or on any other basis prohibited by law.