a. Shall possess a Connecticut Coaching Certificate.
a. Shall possess the skills necessary for teaching competitive track.
Knowledge and Content:
a. Shall have knowledge concerning:
1. Administration of a track program (officiating, rules interpretation and Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference track eligibility regulations.)
2. Competitive track techniques and terminology.
3. Track material and equipment.
4. Application of the physical and behavioral science to competitive track.
a. Shall be responsible to the principal working through the Supervisor of Physical Education and Athletics and the Faculty Manager of Athletics.
b. Shall instruct participants in track skills.
c. Shall arrange for transportation and supervise athletes on bus trips and at home and away games.
d. Shall oversee the progress and development of the total boys' track program including the freshman and junior varsity programs through the assistant coaches, if such teams exist.
e. Shall be responsible for the general health and welfare of all athletes participating in track, and give appropriate attention to athletes who are injured, ill or otherwise incapacitated.
f. Shall be responsible for the evaluation of any assistant coaches.
a. The coach shall organize the track teams prior to starting time for practice as defined by the C.I.A.C.
b. The coach shall be responsible for overseeing and directing the varsity track team.
c. The coach shall hold practice sessions on a regular basis in accordance with school and C.I.A.C. regulations.
d. The coach shall develop a track schedule and consult with the Faculty Manager of Athletics on same.
A completed application consists of:
- Completion of all online application pages
- Uploaded Cover Letter
- Uploaded Resume
- Uploaded Letters of Reference
- Uploaded University and/or College Transcripts