To provide secretarial Advisory Group activities support to the Career & Technical Education Office.
FTE: 40% 16 hours / week
1. Place and receive telephone calls. Screen, arrange, and maintain record of appointments.
2. Receive and process electronic communications.
3. Must become familiar with Career & Technical Education programs.
4. Process all correspondence to and from Advisory Group members.
5. Type and electronically prepare meeting agendas, meeting minutes, and meeting correspondence.
6. Prepare and maintain meeting documentation.
7. Develop reports, forms, schedules, notices/announcements, brochures, and CTE NEWS newsletters.
8. Organize and maintain files, records, accounts, reports and other information.
9. Order and approve meeting supplies and materials using Lawson (or current financial system).
10. Receive business visitors, CTE staff and parents.
11. Communicate and process various requests from advisory group members.
12. Perform special independent work assignments.
13. Perform duties as directed by the Supervisor or Administrator.
Two (2) year Associate Degree in Secretarial Science or equivalent experience plus specialized training in office functions and operations. Computer software (PC and MAC), including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint required; (Adobe InDesign will be helpful).
This position will require an understanding of multiple efficiencies of Google Apps, Lawson, and KRONOS after placement into the position.
Three years as a secretary. Background preferred in areas relevant to the responsibilities of this position including communication and desktop publishing.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Excellent interpersonal relationship and communication skills.
2. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
3. Ability to work well with interruptions, projects a positive and professional image, and maintains a professional attitude.
4. Ability to work independently and accurately with minimal of supervision.
5. Ability to frequently interact with the public, district staff, and Board of Education members in a professional manner and maintain confidentiality.
6. Ability to assess and prioritize own workload.
7. Ability to use and produce printed, electronic and telephonic communications with the appropriate etiquette.
8. Must be flexible and adaptable to meet the multi-faceted demands of this position.
9. Must be willing and able to keep abreast of the latest technology as required in this position.
10. Must have excellent attendance and good evaluations.
11. Must dress in professional attire.
It is the policy of the Racine Unified School District not to discriminate on the basis of sex, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, marital or parental status, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, or physical, mental, emotional, or learning disability in its education programs, admissions policies and practices, or employment policies as required by Title IX of the 1972 Educational Amendment, and Wisconsin Statute 118.13.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER