The Council Bluffs Community School District is seeking applicants for the following teaching position beginning with the 2012-13 school year:
Early Childhood Special Education LRE Monitor
SUMMARY: Supports the early childhood special education students and monitors placement and services for compliance to District, State and Federal standards. Makes adjustments to the learning environment, modifies instructional methods, adapts curriculum, uses positive behavioral supports and interventions to meet the needs of individual children. (H.R. Rep. No. 108-779, 2004, p.171)
· Valid Iowa teacher license with Early Childhood Special Education Endorsement
· Prior experience in a High Scope classroom implementing special education program plans
· Knowledge of instructional strategies, materials and modifications/adaptations to support special education students in the regular classroom setting
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program for early childhood special education.
- Demonstrate knowledge of procedures and legal requirements for special education services.
- Demonstrate ability to plan and implement lessons based on division and school objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers and parents.
- Demonstrate skill in oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of child growth and development and how it affects learning.
- Experience in teaching and learning processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in a group or team environment.
Internal candidates may bid on this position at www.cbcsd.org , select Career Opportunities, then online application and then select Internal Applicants Only.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER