The Council Bluffs Community School District is seeking applicants for the following teaching position for the 2012-13 school year:
Wilson Middle School
· Valid Iowa Teaching License
· Minimum of a four year degree in Library Science or Instructional Technology from an accredited college or university.
· Media Specialist endorsement.
· Provides leadership and expertise in the selection, acquisition, and organization of information resources and technologies in all formats as well as expertise in the ethical use of information.
· Encourages the use of instructional technology to engage students and to improve learning, providing 24/7 access to digital information resources for the entire learning community.
· Creates an environment that is conducive to active and participatory learning, resource-based instructional practices, and collaboration with teaching staff.
· Collaborates with teachers and students to design and teach engaging inquiry and learning experiences and assessments that incorporate multiple literacies and foster critical thinking.
· Models effective strategies for developing multiple literacies.
· Participates in the curriculum development process at both the building and district level to ensure that the curricula include the full range of literacy skills (information, media, visual, digital and technological literacy) necessary to meet Iowa Core and to develop lifelong learners.
· Selects and uses effective technological applications for management purposes.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers and parents; skill in oral and written communication.
Internal candidates may bid on this position at www.cbcsd.org, select Career Opportunities, then online application and then select Internal Applicants Only.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER