Brighton High School is committed to finding the most
qualified individual who wants to work in a dynamic, comprehensive
high school. Candidates should have a demonstrated ability to focus
the school on the improvement of student achievement with an
understanding of standards based education, the realities of
standardized testing and the learning/teaching process for the
ultimate success of each student.The Assistant Principal/Athletic
Director for Brighton High School will provide support for the
educational process by:
- Using leadership, supervisory, and administrative skills to
promote the educational development of each student
- Assisting in the direction and management of the
- Assisting in organization, direction, evaluation and
supervision of staff
- Serving as the building athletic director
- Understanding CHSAA regulations and requirements
- Assisting in the development, implementation and evaluation
of the school budget and activities accounts
- Acting as a coach hiring resource
- Monitoring and evaluating athletic programs and activities,
planning and coordinating the annual graduation activities
- Representing the District in various community groups and
Brighton High School is looking for candidates who have the
following ESSENTIAL characteristics:
- Team player
- Effective leadership capability
- Strong decision making capability
- Effective communication skills
- Significant problem solving capability
- Strong desire to grow professionally
- Efficient and effective management capability
- Team building leadership capability
- Strong desire to expand capacity and capabilities in each of
the areas identified above
- Background in organizing and administering the overall
program of extracurricular athletics, both intramural and
inter-scholastic for the building
- In-depth knowledge of athletics and activities
Candidates should also have the following
* Ability to work effectively as the leader of a group and as a
participant of a group
* Ability to effectively manage human resources
* Ability to effectively relate to diverse students and student
* Ability to discipline students effectively within a PBIS
* Ability to provide leadership for an effective student
- Licensing: current Principal license.
- Masters degree.
- Administrative experience.
- 3 to 5 years teaching experience.
- Coaching experience.
Position closes 03/15/2012 at 4:00 p.m. Mountain Standard
- Athletic Director experience including: student eligibility,
ticket sales, facilities usage, transportation arrangements, gym
schedules, athletic schedules, insurance, annual recognition
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Selection, assignment, and evaluation of athletic coaches and
staff members. Coordinating the monthly activities calendar.
- Experience with Booster clubs, fundraising.