Accounting Specialist is a classified employee whose primary role is to provide the business/finance office with support in the monitoring and oversight of district budgets and financial statements.
1. Associates degree in accounting or
2. Significant experience in all phases of accounting.
1. Full charge bookkeeping experience.
2. Knowledge and experience in governmental accounting a plus.
Reports to and is evaluated by: Director of Finance
Essential Functions and Performance Responsibilities:
- Reviewing, balancing, reporting, and providing guidance to stakeholders on the accounts and budgets of the school district.
- Preparing budgets, documentation, and reports for Federal, transportation, and other programs.
- Assisting stakeholders in preparation of budgets and operations of the accounting system including initial budgets, budget amendments, requisition processing, tracking purchase orders, individual and program account management, the generation of related reports, and adjusting journal entries.
- Providing assistance to employees in the implementation and on-going operations of the district school accounting system
All recommendations for hire are tentative offers. Employment is contingent upon board approval, and successful completion of a federal background check and drug-free workplace pre-employment screening.