Substitute - as needed basis
Protect the safety and well-being of a child or children while being transported, as specified on an IEP.
- Assist with moving children in and out of the vehicle and into the school.
- Attend to the needs of the assigned child or children while riding.
- Report unusual incidents to the proper authorities.
- Communicate with the driver, the parents and school personnel as directed.
- Document activities on the approved forms.
- Maintain the confidentiality of information that is not public domain.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Observe all safety and health regulations of the school district.
- Maintain an appropriate personal appearance.
- Serve as a role model for students in the practice of ethical principles, responsible behavior and democratic values.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Transportation Director or Special Education Coordinator.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- CPR certification.
- First Aid training.
- Documentation of passing the Bus Aide physical examination and Pre-employment drug test.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Familiarity with the needs of the children on the bus, and willingness to address those needs as instructed, including participating in training sessions if needed.
- Ability to respond calmly and appropriately in a crisis.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other adults.
- Medical equipment, such as ventilators and feeding tubes.
- Bus radio.
- Exposure to blood or other bodily fluids and tissue.
- Interaction with distraught or unruly children.
- Exposure to inclement weather conditions.
- Occasional operation of a vehicle in inclement weather; that is, being prepared to come to work on all scheduled days, except calamity days.
- Regular requirement to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, see, read, reach with hands and arms, stoop, crouch, and kneel.
- Regular requirement to lift and move children and medical equipment, and push wheelchairs.
NOTE: The above lists may not be ranked in order of importance.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Salary: Based on current substitute hourly salary schedule
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to the online application. Please do not send materials through U.S. mail or by e-mail, all documents should be uploaded to your application.
If your qualifications meet our needs we will contact you for further information and a possible interview.
The Marysville Exempted Village School District is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and is in compliance with SECTION 504 OF THE REHABILITATION ACT OF 1973.
Posted Internally: February 22, 2012
Internal Application Deadline: February 28, 2012