Substitute – as needed basis
Transport assigned students responsibly and efficiently.
- Comply with Ohio Pupil Transportation Laws and Regulations as established by the Ohio Department of Education and the Ohio Department of Highway Safety.
- Drive an assigned bus over a prescribed route, according to a designated schedule, and stopping at established stops.
- Make a daily safety check of the assigned bus.
- Report all needed bus repairs, shortages and/or replacements to the bus mechanic.
- Fuel the bus regularly.
- Clean the interior and exterior of the bus.
- Maintain acceptable student conduct on the bus, in keeping with school policies.
- Conduct bus evacuation drills as directed.
- Participate in training programs, meetings and conferences as directed, including the prescribed pre-service program.
- Complete required records and reports, and respond promptly to communications.
- Become familiar with the Marysville Schools Transportation Handbook and follow all directives and recommendations therein.
- Use sound judgment, tact and diplomacy when interacting with students, parents, staff and community members.
- Maintain the confidentiality of information that is not public domain.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Observe all safety and health regulations of the school district.
- Maintain an appropriate personal appearance.
- Maintain a responsible attendance records.
- Comply with ODE Rules for recertification.
- Serve as a role model for students in the practice of ethical principles, responsible behavior and democratic values.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Transportation Director.
- 21 years of age or older.
- At least two years of driving experience.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Commercial driver’s license with class B, passenger, air brakes and school bus endorsement.
- Documentation of passing the bus driver physical examination and a pre-employment drug test.
- Alternative to the above qualifications as the Superintendent and/or Board of Education may find appropriate.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of traffic regulations.
- Maximum of six points on the driving record at any one time.
- Ability to establish an orderly environment on the bus, using positive behavior management strategies.
- Ability to communicate effectively with children and adults.
- Busses and vans.
- Two-way radio.
- Fire extinguisher.
- Potential exposure to blood or other bodily fluids and tissue.
- Operation of a vehicle in all weather conditions, and exposure to inclement weather.
- Regular requirement to drive, sit for long periods of time, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, handle, read, speak, hear.
- Exposure to liquid petroleum and exhaust fumes.
- Exposure to unruly children.
- Potential exposure to violent or emotionally distraught people.
NOTE: The above lists may not be ranked in order of importance.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Salary: Based on current substitute hourly salary schedule
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to the online application. Please do not send materials through U.S. mail or by e-mail, all documents should be uploaded to your application.
If your qualifications meet our needs we will contact you for further information and a possible interview.
The Marysville Exempted Village School District is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and is in compliance with SECTION 504 OF THE REHABILITATION ACT OF 1973.
Posted Internally: February 22, 2012
Internal Application Deadline: February 28, 2012