To provide instruction to facilitate learning which enables all students to reach their academic potential and become responsible, productive citizens.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid Arizona Elementary Education Teacher Certificate OR Valid Arizona Early Childhood Education Birth-Age 8 Teacher Certificate
- Valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Must meet all NCLB Highly Qualified requirements
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Guides the learning process toward achievement of curriculum goals and, in harmony with the goals, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, and the like, to communicate these objectives to students.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the need and capabilities of the individuals of student groups involved.
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the District's philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Diagnoses the learning disabilities of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of District specialists as required.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct, and for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
- Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Terms of Employment
One-year, limited term appointment
10 sick/personal days
Health, dental, vision, life insurance
Participation in Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
Appropriate placement on Certified Teacher Intial Placement Base Salary Schedule