DAYS PER YEAR: 205
The Executive Secretary performs diversified secretarial duties in support of the administrator. This position requires the ability to respond to developing situations with insight, awareness and sensitivity. The Executive Secretary composes complex and confidential reports using available technology, assists in designated administrative duties using initiative and judgment. This position requires knowledge of school and departmental policies, organizational structure and a high level of experience and technical skill. Work must be completed in a timely manner with attention to accuracy.
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE - KNOWLEDGE - SKILLS - ABILITIES:
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
· Minimum of three years experience in diversified secretarial assignments with self-directed responsibilities, preferably in a school setting.
· Understands the use of technology in the workplace, i.e., fax, computer, internet, e-mail, copy machines, etc.
· Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software.
· Exercises independent judgment with respect to real or potential problems and brings them to the attention of the administrator.
· Coordinates office workflow, prioritizing and completing tasks in a timely manner.
· Meets or has contact with public, students, parents, staff and outside vendors exhibiting poise, diplomacy and courtesy.
· Assists the supervising administrator by researching and compiling data for management and departmental reports. Prepares reports, correspondence and departmental transactions as required.
· Maintains accurate department budgets, including purchasing control of all suppliers and equipment.
· Maintains a high level of confidentiality in all work.
· Other specific responsibilities as assigned by the supervising administrator.
· Ability to operate personal computers as well as word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
· Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff and the school community.
· Ability to perform essential duties with an awareness of District 219 policies and requirements.
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in oral and written formats.
· Ability to comprehend and execute complex instructions.
· Ability to receive and initiate telephone conversations in a courteous manner.
· Ability to compose and reply to correspondence, agendas for meetings and reports based upon brief verbal or written instructions.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as, safety rules, operating manuals, state and federal grants, master schedules and other school-related documents.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers in all units of measure including fractions, whole numbers and decimals.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop. Frequent use of a computer keyboard and video display terminal (VDT) are required. Physical dexterity and coordinated hand and eye movements are necessary. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The information contained in this job description posting is for compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. The individuals currently holding this position perform additional duties and additional duties may be assigned.
Niles Township High School District 219 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy and practice of District 219 to decide all matters relating to employment solely on the basis of the applicant’s ability to perform the essential functions of the position. District 219 ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, or handicap.
The District has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making application for an opening should contact the Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources.