COMPUTER SYSTEMS SPECIALIST
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to interact professionally with students, parents, faculty and staff.
- Intimate knowledge and experience with Microsoft AD, Cisco and HP switches, VMware, HP SAN, DELL Kace appliance, RIS, WDS, Ghost, Microsoft SCCM, backup strategies, cloud services.
- Understanding of SQL, SIF and scripting highly desired.
The Computer Systems Specialist will be responsible for assessing, architecting, project planning, implementing, documenting and supporting new and existing computer, network and server infrastructure for the entire school. The Computer Systems Specialist must have an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows OSs, Microsoft AD, Cisco and HP L2 and L3 switches, VMware, HP SAN, DELL Kace appliance, RIS, WDS, Ghost, Microsoft SCCM, backup strategies. LAN/WAN infrastructure, and Systems Management technologies.
The Computer Systems Specialist will perform day-to-day operations and management of the school’s network and monitor, maintain, and perform Level 1 and Level 2 troubleshooting and deployment of all network equipment. The Computer Systems Specialist will be expected to be able to work on multiple projects at the same time and to be able to work additional hours during the week and/or weekend as required
Essential job functions:
- Stage and manage deployment of new PCs via WDS, Ghost and Factory imaging
- Manage, update, stage and deploy new software to all computers and laptops in the building from centralized location via AD, DELL Kace appliance or SCCM
- Develop procedures and hardware and software troubleshooting guidelines.
- Manage and maintain AD.
- Install, configure, manage and maintain new servers and services – antivirus, printing, WSUS, etc.
- Install, configure and maintain new and existing network switches – Cisco and Procurve.
- Monitor the network infrastructure using Orion NPM
- Routine IT tasks as required, including resolving network, computer, printing and software issues.
- Assist in evaluating new technology and equipment.
- Provide training/professional development to end users.
Hours, salary and benefits:
Work hours – 7AM - 3:30PM Monday to Friday
This is a 12 Months Union Position and it pays $27.69 per hour. Please note that there is a 60 business days probationary period at $23.54 per hour. Other benefits (upon completion of the probationary period) include medical and dental coverage, life insurance, IMRF, paid vacation and other as per the Collective Bargaining Agreement.