Special Education/Intermediate Grade Self-Contained Teacher
Closes: Until Filled
Provide instruction, assess and encourage student progress and manage the learning environment.
special educational strategies including, but not limited to,
scientifically or evidence based instruction and techniques to improve
the development of sensory and perceptual motor skills, language,
cognition and memory.
- Demonstrate accurate, up-to-date knowledge of content and Illinois State Standards.
and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction,
demonstration and work time that provides students with opportunities to
observe, question and investigate newly acquired knowledge.
a classroom climate conducive to the needs of all students, which is
conducive to learning and teaches socially acceptable behavior.
- Employ techniques such as behavior modification and positive reinforcement in the classroom.
- Integrate technology into daily instruction as a means to engage students in meaningful learning.
- Utilize instructional management systems that increase student learning and maximize time on task.
with parents, administrators and educational team members to develop
individual educational plans designed to promote students' educational,
physical and social/emotional development.
- Monitor student progress towards achieving instructional objectives and goals.
and actively participate in team meetings to discuss individual
students' needs and progress. Employ a problem solving process to
determine a course of intervention.
- Communicate effectively within the educational community and with parents on a regular basis.
- Maintain and upgrade professional skills and maintain professional work habits.
- Create a classroom environment conducive to the needs of all students.
- Coordinate integration of students with special needs into the general education environment.
- Meet professional responsibilities.
Salary: As per current teacher salary schedule
- Must hold LBSI Certification
- Wilson Reading training recommended
- Letters of applications
- Recommendations and/or references
- Ability to work as a team member and previous experience with elementary age children is preferred
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate High Qualified status per No Child Left Behind (NCLB)
experience teaching the specific class will be considered first. If no
previous teaching experience in the specific class, recent coursework
or student teaching in the subject will be considered.
- The ability to speak a foreign language is preferred
Application Procedure: Online application process