To increase and improve communication between school, District and the parents of limited English proficient students. To assist the school and District in maintaining accurate records for students in the bilingual program.
- Assist the principal and other school personnel in maintaining communication between the school, District and home via newsletters, personal notes, or other electronic and non-electronic means of communication.
- Update school bilingual student records as required (including the reporting of entry dates, exit dates, exit codes, etc.).
- Register new bilingual students and provide transportation information as directed.
- Support school rules and procedures.
- Serve as an interpreter as needed, by the District, building principal, teacher, secretary, or parents related to the ELL population.
- Keep accurate and updated information in the student information database related to the ELL population.
- Other duties as assigned within parameters outlined in collective bargaining agreement.
- Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as may be assigned.
High School Diploma.
Fluent in oral and written Spanish and English established through a measurable testing tool.
Proficient in computer skills which include: word processing, spreadsheets, databases, PowerPoint, and the internet.
Such alternatives to the above qualifications as may be appropriate.
Ability to understand and follow directions.
Must have the desire and ability to work with staff and parents in a supportive role.
A desire to translate, perform clerical duties and keyboarding skills as required.
Experience working with second-language speaking community.
Ability to work in a fast-paced and busy environment.
10-month position, 7-hour day.
Apply online. Upload cover letter, resume and letters of reference within application.
Selection Procedure: Appropriate administrator will contact you if interested, for an interview.