QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS PLEASE APPLY: www.on-ramps.com/jobs/710
About the Position:
Reporting to the Board of Directors-comprised of Richard Levin, President of Yale University; John DeStefano Jr., Mayor of New Haven; William Ginsberg, President and CEO of The Community Foundation for Greater new Haven; and Dr. Dorsey Kendrick, President of Gateway Community College-the Executive Director will provide the vision and leadership to meet the goals of New Haven Promise and advance the organization as a highly respected and effective voice for college success. The Executive Director will manage an intial team of two, potentially growing to three in the near future.
This is an ideal opportunity for a results-oriented, dynamic leader who is passionate about closing the achievement gap and building a successful college matriculation and persistence model for New Haven and potentially, the nation at large.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the New Haven Promise team, New Haven Promise team, New Haven Board members, and New Haven Public Schools to ensure Promise goals are met and programs are successfully executed.
- In collaboration with the New Haven Promise Board, continue to evolve the organization's vision, strategy, and goals.
- Represent the organization externally with a variety of constituents, including parents, students, educators, media, and civic leaders.
- Work with the team to award and administer New Haven Promise Scholarships.
- Manage existing and develop new partnerships with local districts, schools, non-profits, and corporations.
- Continue to build strong relationships within the New Haven community, particularly with parents, students, and community based organizations.
- Coordinate an annual strategic evaluation of the New Haven School Change program, which is a key link between the Promise program and the broader School Change initiative.
- Develop and manage the organization's budget, ensuring alignment with the organization's strategy and goals.
- Manage and develop a team of two, growing to three, and develop a distinct culture of performance and impact.
- Cultivate existing and identify new funders to continue to fuel the organization's growth.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated leader with advocacy skills and personal savvy to effectively advance New Haven Promise's mission and goals. S/he will be ninnovative, thoughtful, and able to lead the implementation of the Promise's existing programs and strategies in a highly collaborative environment. The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Senior-level leadership experience with a proven trackrecord of success in leading, managing and organizational scaling in an education/education-related organization or nonprofit.
Exceptional oral and written communication, networking, advocacy and public speaking skills; the capacity to clearly communicate vision, mission, and concepts to diverse audiences.
Powerful strategic messaging and advocacy skills to mobilize systems change and inspire investment and action, including skillful diplomacy to foster and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders and funders.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a management style combining respectful collaboration with disciplined productivity.
Excellent strategic, analytical, and problem solving skills with the ability to overcome challenges through the development of thoughtful and creative solutions.
- An entrepreneurial nature combined with the ability to maintain the organization’s vision and programs while troubleshooting, connecting, and aligning new initiatives with strategic goals and mission.
The ability to effectively oversee day-to-day operations with a strong performance-based and results-driven approach in setting and implementing goals and maintaining accountability, while also celebrating accomplishments.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to motivate and manage staff to achieve multiple and concurrent objectives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- The integrity, wisdom, and persistence necessary to address the practicalities of a dynamic program poised for significant growth; the respect and team orientation to diplomatically support high-performing staff and continued growth and direction of the organization.
- Passion for the mission, vision, and values of New Haven Promise and New Haven School Change.Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree in education, public policy, or a related field is preferred
- Previous experience fundraising and working with a Board of Directors preferred
- Substantive knowledge of public systems of education preferred
Compensation: Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: New Haven Promise is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PLEASE APPLY: www.on-ramps.com/jobs/710