Hourly Food Service Worker
Closes: Until Filled
(PR) Paul Robeson ES
Qualifications: Previous School Food Service or other high volume food service operation experience desired with the ability to work harmoniously with others. Must be dependable, of good character, neat in appearance and have good knowledge of proper food service sanitation procedures. Basic understanding and the ability to perform basic math functions. Must be able to read and follow written and verbal directions. The ability to operarate a Point of Sale (POS) terminal properly including entering transactions, applying the proper category for the transaction, counting cash and providing proper change. Knowledge and proper using of kitchen untesils including measuring cups, serving utensils, knives etc. Physical requirements include, but are not limited to, long periods of standing, some bending, kneeling and lifting during the production of food in the kitchen.
- Assist with the preparation of food items for use in the hot and cold production of meals. Follow rotation of assignments, such as preparing sandwiches, cold food preparation, preparation of fruits and vegetables, Salad preparation, operating a meat slicer as well as other food related items.
- Assist with the setup of steam tables, utensils, ext for meal service
- Assist with the setup of food for delivery to other locations within the school district when and where necessary.
- Operate all food service equipment that is used for hot and cold food production such as an oven, steam table, slicker, kettles, vertical cutters and mixers, etc.
- Clean all food service areas and equipment, as assigned by the supervisor, including refrigerators, tables, carts and small utensils.
- Must utilize proper sanitation procedures including the completion of the appropriate food logs and documents when preparing, handling and storing food items.
- Gloves, hair nets, aprons and clean uniforms must be worn at all times during the food preparation and handing process.
- Serve food to students and faculty n a respectable, courteous and nondiscriminatory manner.
- Keep kitchen, work station and serving area clean during preparation and meal service.
- Operate a cash register and collect appropriate funds for purchased items, where applicable
- Properly clean and sanitize food service areas and equipment after service, following proper sanitation procedures including rotations involving washing pots and pans, cleaning cafeteria tables, sweeping and mopping floor as necessary and on occasion trash removal
- Report any problems or concerns regarding equipment to manager immediately.
- Check with supervisor before signing out
- Perform other duties as necessary to provide superior service and nutritious meals to students, faculty and staff of the New Brunswick Board of Education.