Head Girls' Basketball Coach
Available: Summer 2012
Closes: 03/13/12 at 3:00 pm
Buffalo Grove High School
Head Girls’ Basketball Coach - Buffalo Grove High School
The Head Coach is responsible for providing leadership and direction for all phases of the girls’ basketball program including its long-term development, organization and coordination of all levels of play, scheduling and budgeting. The head coach will assist with the selection and management of assistant coaches. The head coach is responsible for coordinating and directing, along with school administration, basketball related public relations activities with the athletic department, school, athletic booster organization and the community.
The preferred candidate must possess the ability to:
· Build and strengthen our existing program while heightening and fostering high expectations for future success.
· Foster a culture of support and leadership that will help student athletes grow and develop on and off the court.
· Demonstrate the ability and experience to increase the basketball knowledge, skills and expertise of basketball staff in all phases of the game.
· Develop and enact sound game strategy.
· Develop a sound long term strategic plan and vision for the BGHS Girls’ Basketball program.
· Teach basketball philosophy, skills and techniques to both assistant coaches and players.
· Demonstrate the capacity and leadership necessary to design clinics, staff meetings, summer camps, and off-season programs that ensure staff awareness and commitment concerning program expectations.
· Delegate specific duties as needed and supervise their implementation throughout the season. At season’s end, analyze staff effectiveness and contribute to the overall evaluation of all assistants.
· Participate in the budgeting process with the Girls’ Athletic Director.
· Maintain good public relations with news media, parents and officials.
· Work with the school’s administration.
Applicable Illinois certification.
- Previous basketball coaching experience or high level playing experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
Apply online at http://www.d214.org/
In addition to completing an online application, all candidates are required to provide all of the following as separate items electronically:
· Cover letter - The cover letter must highlight basketball experiences and reasons for applying.
· Coaching Resume – outlining the qualifications and experiences related to the coaching aspect.
· Three letters of Recommendation (External Candidates Only)
Application Deadline: Deadline date for submission is Tuesday, March 13, 2012 at 3:00 pm.
Click on the orange "APPLY" button above to begin an online application.
“An equal employment and equal education opportunity agency."
Township High School District 214
2121 S. Goebbert Road
Second largest High School District in Illinois. Comprised of six high schools and three alternative programs. Comprised of "Best Schools in the Nation" by U.S. News and World Report.
All jobs from Township High School District 214