7 hours per day, 189 days per year
Minimum hourly rate is $15.74
*Note: We are open to considering applications from candidates who are interested in job-sharing this position. The job share would be for 2-3 days per week at 7 hours per day.
1. Performs routine first aid care to students and staff with injuries and illness and conducts standardized first aid follow-up procedures.
2. Maintains and updates health office records, including medication longs, daily visit logs, student health records, and student immunization records.
3. Under the direction of the LSN, provides cares to students with chronic medical conditions, including administering medication.
4. Performs emergency first aid care to students and staff with injuries and illnesses.
5. Assists in organizing the Health Screening program, including coordinating the use of volunteers, scheduling screening, records results, and preparing annual screening report.
6. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
1. Current Red Cross First Aid and CPR certification.
2. Evidence of successful experiences working with students and understanding their needs.
3. Experience working with school age children preferred.
4. Experience working in a clinical setting preferred.
5. Evidence of basic word processing, PC and clerical skills.
6. Evidence of ability to work in a team environment.
7. Evidence of willingness to participate in ongoing training in health and technology.
8. Evidence of the ability to respect, protect and maintain the confidentiality of students, staff, and families.
9. Evidence of a willingness to work under supervision of Coordinator of Health Services, LSN, and building principal.
10. Evidence of the ability to organize, prioritize, meet deadlines, and work with constant interruptions.
11. Evidence of excellent human relations, oral and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.