Pathologist (for 2012-2013 school year)
Posted: March 12, 2012
Deadline for application: Until Filled
Contract length: 2012-2013
Compensation: Salary and benefits are
regionally competitive and based on experience and training.
Work Schedule: 185 Days
Nature and Scope of Job: Provide diagnostic and remediation services for persons with
speech and/or language disorders. Responsible to the
Director of Pupil Services, and is under the immediate supervision of the
Education, Licenses, Certification
or Formal Training:
- Master’s Degree in Speech Pathology.
- Valid Colorado Teacher’s Certificate endorsed as a
- Must hold AASHA license.
- Must have CCC’s.
Qualifications: Applicant must have the knowledge of Colorado state and district
content standards; knowledge and skills sufficient to be able to perform all
duties of the position; understanding of assistive augmentative and adaptive
technology and equipment for individuals with special needs. Bilingual skills
in English/Spanish preferred, but not required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Locates those students with deviant speech either
through screening processes, teacher referral, or other sources.
- Diagnoses and evaluates the speech/language problems of
- Establishes and provides a program of remediation.
- Enrolls these students in the appropriate
- Informs their parents, teachers, principals, etc.,
periodically of their progress.
- Completes all reports as requested by local and state
- Provides consultative services, in area of specialty,
- Serves as a member of the diagnostic and prescriptive
team in the psycho educational evaluation of students in the buildings to
which he/she is assigned.
Weld County School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or
hiring practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Superintendent is committed
to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching
educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider
applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who
will contribute to that effort.
Apply online www.greeleyschools.org